Thursday, January 23, 2014

Missing You

Hi, everyone.

The card below was inspired by this week's Midweek Throwdown color challenge to make a card featuring pastels.

light blue: Cardstock Warehouse Paper Co; darker blue and mauve: Distress Ink core
SU wildflower meadow and coordinating Sizzix embossing folder
AC stamp markers: TPC Studio sentiment, heat embossed in Distress Ink tattered rose
Paper Studio brads; Creative Memories corner rounder; Recollections foam adhesives

I've been trying to make more kiddie and masculine cards this year. But, a pastel palette screamed feminine.

Toyed with the ideas of a ribbon for the sentiment -- and with various placements for the sentiment. So, I asked myself, what would Paula do... and decided to place the sentiment here, let the stamped image stand on its own, and called it a day. Not sure if that's actually what Paula would have done, but it worked for me today.  :)

Parting Thoughts

I was really liking this color combo... and then I realized why. These are the colors in our sofa that we bought nearly 30 years ago. Seems like I'm channeling the 80's.  :)

Time to crawl under an afghan. Brrr...

Take care, stay warm. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

  1. The pink flowers are so pretty! Nice pastels and a great card! Keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete