I thought this would be a good sketch to try out the layering and masking techniques since there were only three elements. Other than eliminating one or two background layers, I wanted to stay as close to the sketch as possible and make a flat card with lots of "layers" and interest.
Know what? And, I couldn't wait until Monday Musings to share the result with you!
So, here are my steps, including supplies used.
|Step 1: I traced out the position for the oval and my sentiment panel on Canson watercolor paper.|
|Step 2: I used sticky notes as a visual for the sentiment's position.|
|Steps 3 and 4: I heat embossed the sentiment (TPC Studio?) in Distress Ink walnut stain.|
Then, I used sticky notes to frame the area I wanted to ink with DI vintage photo.
|Step 5: I masked the sentiment panel and punched out a star with a Paper Studio punch.|
Then, I used sticky notes and removable tape to position the negative on my card.
The star image was inked in DI chipped sapphire using a Ranger blending tool.
|Step 7: All inked areas were masked to ink the card's edges and the oval's perimeter.|
DI vintage photo and a Ranger blending tool were used.
|Step 8: A stash corner rounder was used to create two stencils.|
I used the stencils to ink stars in either corner applying DI chipped sapphire with the blending tool.
|Step 9: When elements were unmasked, I decided to add a little chipped sapphire to the sentiment.|
So, I used sticky notes to mask off the area a second time.
Think I'll link this up to the Day 2 class gallery and to the current Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.
After that, it's back to the day's planned activities... Well, maybe not the housecleaning. :)
Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!