Boy, what a pretty day here. A little brisk, but sunny and warm enough for a nice walk. :)
I have two very different cards for two different challenges. What the cards share is that they feature a sentiment from my first set of stamp sentiments. Still love this font.
After mulling this over for a week, I decided to go in a rather unexpected direction. I used ovals to create this little tulip peeking out from its vase.
Love the simplicity of the palette and the flower's design. Also really like the texture of the white cardstock. I originally thought about using different embossing folders to create different, contrasting textures. But, chose to stay with the texture of the paper for the flower and vase -- popping the whole thing against the taupe background.
|white paper: Cardstock Warehouse Paper Co; taupe: Bazzill ???|
Creative Memories oval cutting system
Stampin' Up! oval punch; Paper Shaper circle punch
TPC sentiment heat embossed in SU white powder
Tombow foam adhesives
- Step 1: Cut an oval for the vase. Then use a circle punch to cut out the top and a paper cutter to make the vase's flat bottom.
- Step 2: Cut out a "rounder" oval for the tulip head, cutting out a section of the oval to create the appearance of the tulip head.
- Step 3: Use my Staedler bendable ruler to draw a curved section that I cut out to form the stem.
- Step 4: Use the piece punched out from the first oval as one leaf. Then cut another oval, punching out a section for the second leaf.
- Step 5: Piece together the tulip and vase.
- Step 6: Repeat Steps 1-5 to form a second tulip from the taupe cardstock for the inside of the card.
Card 2: ODBD April Challenge
Our Daily Bread Design is continuing its generous support of Operation Write Home. Thanks so much, ODBD! This month's challenge is to make a card featuring an insect, or two, ... or eleven. :)
Since OWH is always in need of Missing You cards, that seemed like the perfect sentiment for the card below.
|My Mind's Eye moments; Distress Ink core scattered straw; Bazzill admiral|
TPC Studio sentiment in Night of Navy on Recollections white cardstock
garage sale brads; Tombow foam adhesives
Hoping to get back to some more Father's Day cards in between challenges.
Thanks for stoppin' and happy scrapping!