Monday, May 4, 2015

MM4: See You Back Home

Hi, everyone! Boy, if you're like me you're wondering where the weekend went.

Plans are for us to head back to Ohio tomorrow. So, a good portion of our weekend was packing up and taking care of closing up our place down here for the summer months.

#SeeYouBackHome

So, hubby and I were walking the beach one morning last week. When we got to the end of the walk, I was going up to the beach to sit while hubby was headed back to our villa -- villa as in condo, not villa as in George Clooney in Italy.  :)

As we were parting ways, he said, "See you back home". This is the first time I've heard him refer to this place as home. It was nice hearing that he feels at home here. That's when I realized these may be four of the sweetest words in the English language.

#gatorbait

Okay, just so you won't get a completely skewed picture of hubby, let me share a conversation from this week. We were taking our little dog Miles for his evening walk and went past some standing water near a drainage area. I asked hubby what he would do if a gator came charging out of the water. Without missing a beat, he said he would push me in front of Miles... and then laugh that little laugh of his. Now, that's the man I know and love.  :)
 
Thinking of You

I liked OWH Sketch #58 so well, that I decided to use it for a feminine thinking-of-you card.



Echo Park times & seasons 2; Recollections black
TPC Studio sentiment in Distress Ink black soot
EK hole punch: Stampin' Up! petite petals and owl builder punches
Glossy Accents; adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way glue pen; Glue Dots; Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

The flowers are coated with Glossy Accents for a little shine. But, I've finally gotten smart about how I applied it. I put Glossy Accents on a strip of paper and then punched out the flowers after the Glossy Accents had dried. This was a tad easier than punching out the flowers first. A mistake I've made too many times to count.  :)

Parting Thoughts

May Challenge
May 1 - May 28
Did you notice that the May Words 2 Scrap By challenge went live on Friday?! This month's words are "Say Cheese" in honor of National Photography Month. Hope our challenge clicks with lots and lots of our fellow crafters.  :)

Next time we meet, I should be back in Ohio. See you back home! Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment