Saturday, February 1, 2014

W2SB #2: The Colours of the World

Hi, everyone!

For this month's W2SB challenge, Bobbi is asking us to make an Olympic-inspired card.

The founder of the Modern Olympics, Pierre de Coubertin, said this about the Olympic flag:  

"The Olympic flag has a white background, with five interlaced rings in the centre: blue, yellow, black, green and red. This design is symbolic; it represents the five continents of the world, united by Olympism, while the six colours are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time.


I chose another quote from Pierre de Coubertin for the card below.

acrylic paints, Recollections and Bazzill cardstock
computer-generated sentiment (Mistral)
Stampin' Up! brads; Tombow foam adhesives

As much as I enjoy the opening ceremony and the medal competitions, my favorite part of the Olympics is the closing ceremony. I love athletes of different countries entering together, not restricted by nationality.

So, I went with an abstract representation of what the closing ceremony means to me. My card showcases spatterings of red, blue, green, and yellow acrylic paints on white paper mounted on black backgrounds.

Parting Thoughts

Bobbi and I are thrilled to welcome Peggy as this month's W2SB Guest I-Teamer! Peggy is a good friend of Bobbi's and the uber-talented designer of the W2SB banner and badges. Welcome, Peggy, and thanks for being such a wonderful partner! So glad we had a chance to meet last year at an Operation Write Home card-making event.

Hope you will all be able to  join us at W2SB for this Olympic-inspired challenge. As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment