Friday, August 1, 2014

W2SB #8: The Movement from Darkness to Light

Hi, everyone!

When Bobbi suggested Allan Bloom's quote for this month's Words 2 Scrap By challenge, I had mixed feelings. As a professional educator, I LOVED the sentiment. As a crafter, I had no idea how to translate these words into a card.

My first thought led me to Internet searches for light bulb stamps, but I didn't find quite what I was looking for... even though I had no idea what that was.  :)

Then my thoughts went to Distress Inks. So, I tried to apply what Tim taught us in our CREATE classes. And, the card below was born.... following several practice blending attempts.  :)

Stampin' Up! Wildflower Meadow background punch in StazOn  ink on watercolor paper
Distress Inks (dusty concord, peacock feathers, scattered straw) blended with Ranger tool
Distress Ink core paper (mustard seed); Recollections black
computer-generated sentiment; Martha Stewart butterfly punches
Hero Arts/Mark Richards crystal gems colored with black Sharpie
3L black photo corners

My dearest friend in the world is beginning her 33rd year as a professional educator. Linda is now the high school principal at a K-12 all-in-one school in Northeast Ohio. So, this card is going to Linda to wish her all the best as she starts the 2014-2015 school year.

Parting Thoughts

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'! Hope you will link up a card for this month's education-inspired W2SB words.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Sybrina, this card is lovely. That color blending is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda will treasure this always, Sybrina! What a beautiful design for an educator!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color wash technique that you used fro this card. Great background!! Thanks for taking me on the ride for words2scrapby.blogspot.com!!!

    ReplyDelete