Friday, October 31, 2014

Missing U

Hi, everyone.

Hope it's been a fun-filled Halloween time around your place. Last Sunday was trick-or-treat in our neighborhood, including a parade that met in our court that was followed by lots of little goblins knocking on neighborhood doors.

Then, yesterday was trick-or-treating for preschoolers at the local library. What fun it was helping out with the necklace craft! It was also amazing how exhausting necklace-making could be. It reminded me of my elementary math coaching days. I remember leaving those kindergarten and first grade classrooms in complete awe of those teachers. I had no idea how they did what they did every single day -- but I was so thankful that they were there for those little ones.


Pickerington Local Library staff and volunteers
Halloween 2014

Now for today's card.

Missing U

The card below was inspired by the current Shopping Our Stash challenge to use long-forgotten circular elements on our cards.

Distress Ink core fired brick; Recollections white; Bazzill black
???? stash round chipboard letters
computer-generated Word Art sentiment
Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbon
Paper Shaper and Marvy circle punches, Spellbinders scallop circle die
adhesives: Ranger multi-medium, Recollections foam squares

I wish I could say that the alphabet idea is original to me. I think I first saw it in a Leisure Arts card making book, but have also seen it in several other places. However, the design is original, and I'm pretty pleased with the result.

This really is a stash-inspired challenge. I have had these chipboard letters for such a long time. Every so often I would open my stash embellishments box and see these cool chipboard stickers. Thanks to the SOS team for the push to make this card.

Since the chipboard letters were black on white, I decided to go with a classic black, red, and white palette. Seems to have made a crisp card.  :)

Parting Thoughts

Should be a fun weekend. Hope to work in time to make some craft show cards.

Newest Challenge:
Nov. 1 - Nov. 21

The November Words 2 Scrap By challenge goes live tomorrow morning. I-Teamer Annie is taking the reins for this month's challenge. Can't wait for you all to join us for Annie's challenge.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card Sybrina!! Love the use of the alphabet!
    Thanks for coming back to play along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for the Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super creative & cute! Great way to use those chipboard letters!

    ReplyDelete