Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thanks in Any Language

Hi, everybody,

Today I have a card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. This is a new challenge blog for me. Better late than never, right?!

Stampin' Up! World Map on back of Studio Calico something else
computer-generated words on Crate Paper rose garden
Distress Ink chipped sapphire
inking in DI vintage photo, wild honey, and antique linen
Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbon
punch: Paper Shaper circle punch

When I saw the four vertical strips on the sketch, the idea of saying "thanks" in four languages came to mind. And, pairing these with a world map image just felt right.

Those of you who have seen Any Hero cards I have made from Operation Write Home sketches know that I don't always follow the road map exactly. So, I'm taking the Mojo Monday guidelines to heart when they say dimensions are not given for a reason -- to allow for flexibility. So, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees and shortened the four strips -- allowing for a larger space for the map image. Hope this is okay.  :)

Since this card is going to OWH, I wanted to leave lots of room for our hero to write home -- but still carry through with the theme of the card. So, the inside of the card has a short sentiment on "aged" paper.




Parting Thoughts

Speaking of OWH, Sandy has extended the Christmas card deadline to October 18. Seems like we need a few -- just a few -- more holiday cards. My five extra cards went in the mail today. If you are new to OWH and would like to help, please visit the OWH Web site for card guidelines, shipping information, etc.

Collection closes on October 1!
Speaking of Sandy, this month's prize package at Words 2 Scrap By includes two Sandy Allnock Ciara and Friend stamp sets -- perfect for this month's the-road-to-my-heart-is-paved-with-paw-prints challenge. Would love for you to join us!

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment