Saturday, April 4, 2015

HELLO

Hi, everyone! I'm here with a card for this month's Operation Write Home's ODBD masculine card challenge.

Stampin' Up! crumb cake
Simon Says Stamp scribble flower stamp set in various Distress Inks
Kelly Purkey alphabet stickers; Paper Smooches stitch die
Marvy and Paper Shaper circle punches
adhesives: Scotch STG; Recollections foam squares

I have to give mega kudos to Shari Carroll for the inspiration for this card. It is a CASE of a card that she and Jennifer McGuire taught in a Simon Says Stamp CREATE 2014 card-making class.

The card we made at CREATE was one layer. For my card, I first stamped circles and borders on crumb cake, and then punched them out to adhere on the card. The "flatter" images are actually two-ply so they are slightly raised. The "raised" images are attached with foam adhesives.

On the inside, I sort of mimicked the design on the front of the card. I stamped images in Distress Ink antique linen, using second-generation stamped images, at the bottom of the card.

I have to say I really like the tone-on-tone-on-tone crumb cake effect. And, it even received considerable praise from hubby -- he "really liked it"!



Parting Thoughts

April Challenge
April 1 - April 21
We have a new challenge up and running at Words 2 Scrap By. Sure hope you will check it out. We'd love to have you play along.

Thanks for stopping. Have a blessed Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Sybrina, this is a fabulous guy card or for anyone really. Love that you carried the design through to the inside. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete