Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Tropical Heart Wave

Hi, everyone!

The current CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to make a card featuring hearts in summer colors.

When I think of summer, I think of the Sun against a blue sky on the ocean horizon. So, my first thought was to have a heart-shaped orange Sun against a light blue background. Then, the lyrics to an oldie-but-goodie came to my mind, resulting in the card below.

cardstock: AC/Bazzill/Cardstock Warehouse Paper Co
computer-generated original sentiment
EK triple heart and SU small heart punches
sun rays: AC trimmer with wave blade
I have to say, I was having second thoughts half-way through this card. But, I'm really quite pleased with the way this turned out. Thanks to hubby for some helpful suggestions.  :)

Parting Thoughts

There's a big 4th of July VCMP going on over at Operation Write Home this weekend. The more the merrier!

And, fellow OWHer Bobbi and I have started a word-inspired, monthly card-making challenge blog. We'd love for you to join us at Words 2 Scrap By for our Oh, La, La July challenge.  :)

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment