Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Christmas in July

Yes, three posts in one day! That OWH VCMP really got my mojo going.  :)

For this challenge, SOS is teaming up with Jingle Belles for a challenge to make a Christmas card using something that is at least one year old. Trust me, one look in the menopause room and you'll see I have lots of old stuff to choose from!

One-or-More Year-Old Stuff:
Paper Shaper circle punch for bear face
SU word window punch for bear arms
???? corner rounder for tiny tree-topper star
Emagination tree punch
Recollections snowflake punch
I made some of these little polar bear cards for a couple of craft shows last year. And, yes, they are painfully time consuming. But when I thought of the smile on the face of a little one receiving one of these from a deployed mommy/daddy... Well, I just knew that some of these bear cubs needed to go to OWH this holiday season. And, the Christmas card deadline for OWH is October 10th. Yikes! So, it's definitely time to start cranking out some little bear cubs. :)

Parting Thoughts

There is an Oh La La challenge going on at Words 2 Scrap By until July 21. The prize package includes a W2SB winner badge, a Guest I-Teamer opportunity, and a few Tim Holtz goodies. Bobbi and my fellow I-teamers would love for you to join us.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

5 comments:

  1. That punch-art bear is fantastic ... such an adorable holiday card ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, Sybrina!! If I were home, I'd have (cough) a few items over a year old to use for a card! Thanks for the head's up about the OWH deadline for Christmas cards! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely going to be a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! that little polar bear is just waaaaaaaaaay too cuuuuuuuuuuuute! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, so sweet! Fabulous Christmas card!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete