Monday, June 1, 2015

MM8: Mask-erade Day 5

Hello! Welcome to a Mask-erade version of Monday Musings! Today, I'd like to share a card that was inspired by one of the heat embossing techniques from Saturday's lesson. 

There is a pretty, delicate white flower on the right.
Not sure how well the photo shows it.

The following are my steps, as well as the materials used.
  • Step 1: I inked a Hampton Arts image in versamark on Canson watercolor paper and heat embossed it with Stampin' Up! white embossing powder.
  • Step 2: I misted the paper with water using a Ranger mini mister. Then, I applied pickled raspberry and peacock feather Distress Inks using a Ranger water brush.
  • Step 3: Since I was planning on using a black sentiment and mount the card on black Stampin' Up! core paper, I decided to add a little black throughout the card front. So, I spattered a little Distress Ink black soot using an old toothbrush.

  • Step 4: So, Debby said that the embossing powder could be removed from the card front by ironing the card between two sheets of paper. I was skeptical, but to the basement I went. (I was skeptical, hubby was shocked. He said, "I wondered what you were ironing.") Imagine my surprise when the ironing really did work!
card front on left, transferred embossing ink on right

  • Final Steps: I mounted the card front on the black cardstock, stamped "missing" and "you" from Winnie & Walter's Big, Bold, Friend stamp set, and added a few stash sequins.
Parting Thoughts
 
This is actually my third post of the day. Think the only other time that's happened is during a VCMP.  :)
 
My previous two posts feature the new Cards in Envy and Words 2 Scrap By challenges. Hope you will visit each of these challenge blogs and check out the newest challenges.
 
Have a wonderful week! As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Very cool Sybrina! I am loving everything you guys learned in this class, it looks like an interesting one! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete