|There is a pretty, delicate white flower on the right. |
Not sure how well the photo shows it.
The following are my steps, as well as the materials used.
- Step 1: I inked a Hampton Arts image in versamark on Canson watercolor paper and heat embossed it with Stampin' Up! white embossing powder.
- Step 2: I misted the paper with water using a Ranger mini mister. Then, I applied pickled raspberry and peacock feather Distress Inks using a Ranger water brush.
- Step 3: Since I was planning on using a black sentiment and mount the card on black Stampin' Up! core paper, I decided to add a little black throughout the card front. So, I spattered a little Distress Ink black soot using an old toothbrush.
- Step 4: So, Debby said that the embossing powder could be removed from the card front by ironing the card between two sheets of paper. I was skeptical, but to the basement I went. (I was skeptical, hubby was shocked. He said, "I wondered what you were ironing.") Imagine my surprise when the ironing really did work!
|card front on left, transferred embossing ink on right|
- Final Steps: I mounted the card front on the black cardstock, stamped "missing" and "you" from Winnie & Walter's Big, Bold, Friend stamp set, and added a few stash sequins.
This is actually my third post of the day. Think the only other time that's happened is during a VCMP. :)
My previous two posts feature the new Cards in Envy and Words 2 Scrap By challenges. Hope you will visit each of these challenge blogs and check out the newest challenges.
Have a wonderful week! As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!