Monday, June 1, 2015

W2SB: It's a Man's World!

June Challenge
June 1 - June 28
Hi, everyone! Can you believe that it's June 1 and time for another Words 2 Scrap By challenge?

Our inspiration words for this month are It's A Man's World. Depending on the man or men in your life, there are surely lots of ways to go with this one.

The card shown below is a Father's Day card for my father-in-law. (Yep, hubby actually let me make one for his dad this year. The trick was promising to fill most of the inside with a sentiment so that all hubby had to do was sign our names.)
But, I digress. Back to the card.

My father-in-law was a pretty good handyman back in the day. Hence, the tool theme of my card.  :)

Bazzill admiral; Recollections foil; Cardstock Warehouse Co. white
Stampin' Up! guy greetings stamp images in Stampendous silver embossing powder
stash ribbon -- wish I knew from where because it's really gorgeous
Inside Sentiment: "Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosy" from SU guy greetings in DI chipped sapphire

I'm pretty proud of this card for a couple of reasons.
One Stamp = Three Images
  • The embossing is so crisp. I used a teeny, tiny brush to remove extraneous powder before setting the images with my heat gun.
  • The three tools were actually one stamp. I really didn't want to cut the stamp because I want the option to use it as is on future projects. So, I did some pretty careful masking to come up with the three separate tools.
Hope my father-in-law likes this card, because I had such fun making it for him.  :)

And, I hope you will stop by Words 2 Scrap By to learn more about this month's challenge, as well as to see the other I-Teamers' cards. They sure are one talented group of gals!

Parting Thoughts

I'll be back later today with the newest Cards in Envy challenge. Hope you'll come back for that post and stop by CIE to check out all the fun cards posted by the CIE DT. 

And, with any luck, I'll be back with a third post to share a Mask-erade Online Card Class homework project or two.  :)

Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing expert works of art with your mad masking skills, Sybrina! I scrolled back to the beginning of your Maskerade homework and just love all the cards you created and how you gave us the detailed information and photos! And this one, where you masked off parts of a closely-aligned stamp is very impressive! Your FIL will love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you masked the stamp and came out with such perfect embossed images. Thanks for being the driving force behind W2SB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderfully special card for your FIL, Sybrina! Love the embossed tools--so worth the effort of masking in order to have each one on a separate panel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this father's day card Sybrina! The tools are so cool looking, and I love that you separated them when stamping. I think your FIL is going to love this card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete