Sunday, November 9, 2014

from a grateful American

Hi, everyone.

Boy, what a pretty day here! A sunny, brisk, fall Midwest day in Central Ohio.  :)

My thanks to everyone who wished my father-in-law well on his 91st birthday. We had a lovely lunch and I think he had a really nice day. Just saw a blurb encouraging folks to leave a Facebook message for their favorite vet. LOL -- There's no way on Earth of that happening. Guess we'll have to deliver our message in a less techie way.  :)

OWH Sketch #242

I'm here with an Any Hero card for OWH Sketch #242. Loved the sketch and inspiration card. Not so sure about my interpretation...

OWH Sketch #242
Authentique pride; Distress Ink core
Stamper's Best sentiment in DI walnut stain on Crate Paper rose garden
inking in DI walnut stain, vintage photo, and wild honey
embossing folders: Stampin' Up/Sizzix, Sizzix, Darice, Cuttlebug
star punches: Fiskars and Paper Studio
other punches: ??? corner rounder (for tiny stars); EK border; SU owl builder (for teeny circle)
adhesives: Glossy Accents, Recollections foam squares 

This card's a little busier than my typical cards. I just couldn't let that space below the left two vertical strips go. So, I put in a few stars, and then added a couple of stars at the top for the sake of balance. I am fairly pleased with the embossing and inking.

Just hope my card conveys our appreciation to one of our troops.

Parting Thoughts

A big welcome to new follower Karen Letchworth! Karen is a quite accomplished crafter and very busy blogger. Karen blogs over at http://operationwritehome.org/sketch-challenge-242/, runs a challenge blog at http://operationwritehome.org/sketch-challenge-242/, and is on the DT at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Thanks, Karen, for your kind words. They were appreciated more than you know. 

November Challenge
Nov. 1 -Nov. 21
Don't forget to check out our November Words 2 Scrap By challenge.

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sybrina! I like this interpretation of the sketch! I think the stars balance the card out. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, Sybrina! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm so grateful to have you follow me, and even more excited and grateful to have you play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you'll continue to link up there every week because I just LOVE your sweet and creative art. Also, I wanted to let you know that I did link up with you at Words 2 Scrap By and I will continue to share there. What a wonderful group of talented gals. Thanks for inviting me. I actually don't have anything to do with Operation Write Home, but I do run the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog and I'm on the Design Team at Really Reasonable Ribbon. And I'm quite sure you can ROCK some ribbon, girl. If you ever want some ribbon ideas, just let me know. I love making blog friends and love learning from each other. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sybrina, I LOVE this card! The colors and layout are fantastic. I just signed up for your email feed since that is really the only way I can keep up with people. Can't wait to see more of your fabby creations! Thanks too for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete