Monday, November 10, 2014

Sweet...Sweeter...Sweetest

Hi, everyone.

Today's card was made for the current Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search and was inspired by a card I received several years ago.

Recollections white cardstock
stamps: Paper Smooches Bee Mine and Winnie & Walter Big Bold You
Distress Inks: vintage photo, walnut stain, fired brick, black soot
ribbons: Really Reasonable Ribbon November ribbon, Stampin' Up! cherry cobbler
stash gold sequins; adhesives: Glue Dots and Scotch ATG
inside sentiment: Sweet... Sweeter... Sweetest

I love the whimsy and creativity of PS DT cards. So, I tried to capture a little of that spirit here with these sweet little bees. The card is really a change of pace for me -- essentially one layer without any paper piecing. After seeing it, I'm thinking it's going to be hubby's Valentine's Day card. And, can I just say, that stamp-challenged me is pretty pleased with the way these images and words turned out. :)

Parting Thoughts

Spent today working on some masculine thank you cards for an upcoming craft show. At this show, folks seem to appreciate general sentiment cards in addition to Christmas cards.

November Challenge
Nov. 1 - Nov. 21
The November Words 2 Scrap By challenge is in full swing. Hope you will stop by and join in the fun.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment