Now that I've retired, I'm trying to venture out into different challenge blogs. Today, I'm giving Mojo Monday a try.
I loved the sketch for Mojo Monday 370 Contest. However, it was one of those multi-part sketches -- you know the kind of sketch that typically frustrates the living daylights out of me. But, I have to confess that I really like today's card. And, aside from taking a few liberties with the top right banner, I stayed pretty true to the sketch. Shocking, I know!
It was also fun to be able to use a brand new Stampin' Up! stamp set with some really old designer paper. :)
When I went with an Earth-tone palette, I decided to make a masculine love card for Operation Write Home. So, design decisions included:
- using the notebook paper punch (instead of a scalloped edge) to achieve a more masculine look,
- replacing the banner with the rectangular shape since the banner didn't feel like it fit just right,
- double matting and heat embossing the sentiment, while pairing it with the only green element on the card, to give the sentiment a really strong visual impact,
- stamping on patterned paper -- something I really need to do more often,
- inking around the sentiment and everything other than the squirrels to better pop the sentiment and squirrels, and
- using burlap/jute to add texture while sticking with a masculine feel.
Nov. 1 - Nov. 21
Our November Words 2 Scrap By challenge went live on Saturday. If you have a chance, we'd love for you to play along.
Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!