Saturday, December 27, 2014

3,000,000 Cards and Counting!

Hi, everyone!

Did you hear the FABULOUS news? Yesterday, Sandy posted that OWH has surpassed the 3,000,000 card mark! Isn't that amazing?!

So, today's Any Hero card, which is inspired by Sketch 245, commemorates this wonderful achievement. Loved Linda's sample card. Hope the card below is worthy of such a great sketch.

We R Memory Keepers red, white & blue; American Crafts white and blue cardstock; Creative Memories silver
TPC Studio sentiment, heat embossed in Stampendous silver with Versamark stamp pad
punches: Stampin' Up! tag, Marvy circle, ??? border punch (for tiny star), Paper Studio star
Creative Memories circle cutting system; adhesives: Glue Dots and Recollections foam squares
Darice embossing folder; Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbon
Wish the picture were a little better capturing some of the details, like the silver-embossed sentiment. The lighting makes it appear darker than it actually is.

After the entire card was done, I had to switch out the ribbon. I had originally gone with a silvery ribbon, but it "shed" glittery bits. and I decided to replace it with this shimmery blue. But, when I removed the silver ribbon, the top of the tag ripped. So, I've attached this blue ribbon with more glue dots than necessary to cover up the ripped portion.  :(

Other than that, I think it's turned out pretty well. I followed the sketch pretty closely -- shocking, I know! And, I used solid color cardstock to complement, rather than fight with, the tag's pattern.

Parting Thoughts

January 1 is going to be a big blogging day. Not only is it the annual OWH Best-of Blog Hop, it is also the debut of the our first Words 2 Scrap By challenge of the New Year!  :)

Until then, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

  1. Love your patriotic card! So much fun texture and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sybrina, Your details look fine especially when enlarged. This is a sweet card for any hero, female or male. I love that color blue on your ribbon, so it get's my vote over the silver one. I, for one, am happy it shed. LOL Wishing you and your family a very Happy, Healthy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's got that Capt America feel to it and I love those papers! Well done!

    ReplyDelete