Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bee Mine

Hi, everyone!

I am sooooo excited to share today's card. Kim's Bee Mine Paper Smooches stamp set has been one of my favorite go-to sets for OWH love cards. Now Kim has added dies for these sweet bees -- no pun intended -- in her newest release. Well.... I can't contain my happiness! Thanks, Kim.

Distress Ink core scattered straw; Recollections black; Stampin' Up! cherry cobbler
Paper Smooches Bee Mine stamps (in DI  black soot ink) and coordinating die
SU word bubbles die; background: SU/Sizzix embossing folder
hearts: SU small heart and owl builder punches; SU cherry cobbler twine
adhesives: Glossy Accents and Recollections foam squares

I Said, He Said

I was so pleased with this card, I not only shared it with hubby but also talked to him about the design. The 10-30-60 color rule came up -- though I told him that it didn't have to be exact. That's when he said that was good because this looked a little more like 3-16-81 -- stressing that if it were a rule, the exactness of a 10-30-60 ratio probably mattered. Oh, I was laughing so hard I was practically crying. 

To top it all off, he came over just as I was typing this to say, "It really is a nice card even if it isn't 10-30-60" and more laughing ensued. I am so blessed. That man makes me laugh at least 10 times a day.  :)

Parting Thoughts

Linking this little bee card up for the OWH Red Friday Bloghop and for the current Paper Smooches Anything Goes challenge.

Before I go, I want to give one last shout out to Kim at Paper Smooches. I placed my order Sunday night, and the package arrived today! Not only is she an uber-talented artist, but she provides the best customer service in the business. Thanks, Kim! You and the PS Team totally rock.  :)

December Challenge
Dec. 1 - Dec. 21
The December Words 2 Scrap By challenge went live on Monday. This month's words are Eat, Drink, and Be Merry! Hope you will join us for this month's challenge.

Have a good rest of the week. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment