Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Festive Gift Card Holders

I was wrapping gifts and realized I needed a gift card box for one of my father-in-law's presents. Sure, we have some store-bought boxes around the house. (Don't we all?) But, I decided to do a quick Pinterest search and see what I could do with those random 12" x 12" sheets of holiday paper.  :)

Boy, was there a lot of inspiration and lots and lots of styles! I chose to go with a basic trifold design.
  • I cut 4.25" width and 9" length strips of paper and scored the paper at 3" and 6" marks.
  • Just a tad was trimmed off the bottom third so the holder lies flat when closed.
  • Then, 0.5" was trimmed off the top third and the corners were rounded.
  • Embellishments, including to/for tags, were added to the outside flaps.
  • A decorative, write-on panel was added to the inside of each holder.
  • Finally, I tied a ribbon around each card to serve as an embellishment and as the holder's closure. 

Reminisce Christmas paper; stash white cardstock
Spellbinders Nestabilities scalloped circle die; Creative Memories circle cutting system
Robert Stanley Collection ribbon

After I made the red, white, and green holder for my father-in-law's gift card, I realized these might make for some quick craft show items -- a nice complement to my multi-stepped craft show cards. So, while I still had Christmas all those materials and tools out, I tried my hand at a couple of different styles.

Chatterbox holiday stripe vellum; stash rusty-red cardstock; Crate Paper rose garden
Spellbinders Nestabilities scalloped circle die; Creative Memories circle cutting system
Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbon; Emagination tree punch

Stampin' Up! cherry cobbler; stash white; Recollections black
SU/Sizzix button embosslits; Marvy and Paper Shaper circle punches
SU Good Greetings sentiment; Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbon

I'm thinking about printing out URLs on some white cardstock, punching them out with the Stampin' Up! word window punch, and attaching them to the back of the holder.

Parting Thoughts

May you have the merriest of Christmases and happiest of New Years -- years full of crafting opportunities.

As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment