Wednesday, March 11, 2015

B is for...

The cards below are going to Operation Write Home and feature a couple of adorable Paper Smooches bees.


Distress Ink fired brick; Stampin' Up! neutral (black and gray); bargain-store white
Paper Smooches bee mine images and sentiment in DI black soot
SU owl builder punch (for tiny hearts)
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig glue dots
Still working with my limited tool box that is without die cut and embossing tools. So, I'm using paper to create contrast. Even though these cards aren't quite as textural and dimensional as my typical cards, I think they turned out okay. Seriously, how can you help but smile when Paper Smooches critters are around?!

There are actually five of these little bee cards ready to go to OWH. Since I didn't have enough fired brick paper with me to use as the background for all of these, I used it as an accent on a few of the cards.

I'm going to link this card up to several Simon Says Stamp Challenges:
Parting Thoughts

If you're interested in adding some patriotic stamps to you stash, don't forget to check out last Thursday's Unity/OWH blog hop. Please click here to go to the start of the hop. And, our thanks to Unity for their generous support of OWH! I know I can't wait to ink up these new stamps.  :)


There's also still time to link up a card for OWH Sketch #249. Last week's sketch comes with a great opportunity to win Doodle Pantry goodies.  You have until midnight tomorrow EST to qualify for the DP prize.  :)
Mar. 1 - Mar. 21

There is an in-like-a-lion-out-like-a-lamb weather-related challenge going on at Words 2 Scrap By. Annie is hosting this month and if offering a $15 gift certificate to Stamps of Life for our winning entry. Hope you will join us.

And, I'd like to welcome Lisa to the blog. From the looks of things, Lisa's big on stamping, challenges... and couponing. Lisa, if you have a blog or gallery of your own,  please let me know so I can share the link.  :)

Enjoy the rest of your week. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. Both versions are lovely!! The colors and layering are awesome! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Things That Fly” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucht pretty card! love the cute bees! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete