Sunday, June 15, 2014

Circles and Stars

Hi, everyone!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads, including my dad and father-in-law. Special thoughts to those who are missing loved ones on this holiday weekend.

Since our dads are coming for a cook-out, I'll make this post short and sweet. The following Any Hero card was inspired by today's OWH Sketch.

We R Memory Keepers red, white & blue dp; Bazzill admiral
AC (lighter blues) and Distress Ink core (antique linen, barn door red, fired brick)

punches: Paper Studio star; Marvy and Paper Shaper circles
??? corner punch (for tiny stars); Glossy Accents
Played with lots of combinations of solid and patterned circles until stumbling on the idea of using Distress Ink antique linen as my neutral and limiting the number of patterns used. When I started fussing too much about element placement, I heard those Tim Holtz's words of wisdom, "Get over yourself!"

Parting Thoughts

Words 2 Scrap By is accepting entries for our June challenge Oh, The Places You'll Go until the 21st. The amazing Darnell Knauss and OWH's own Carol L are our Guest I-Teamers this month.

Looking forward to Bernadette's SU Stamp Club on Wednesday.  :)

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

9 comments:

  1. Great card, love using just two colors for the stars, big impact without being busy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you flipped the sketch - something I'm always doing myself :) The patriotic theme and patterns are all working so well together here, you have another great card for OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stars are simply adorable! The color combination is great too. I am also in a stamp club and they are so much fun! Thanks for sharing! - Kristal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Sybrina and it looks nice flipped. The different stars are so very attractive. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Sybrina, and I love that you flipped the design. I really like the softer colors and the contrast between the striped stars and solid red ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like how you turned it on its side! Nice job! I'm working on making some multiples, this looks like a good way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colors and the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on flipping the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are fantastic and I love how you flipped the sketch! Great card!

    ReplyDelete