Sunday, June 1, 2014

W2SB #6: Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Hi, everyone.

Thanks to everyone who joined us for our Bloom Where You Are Planted challenge. Congratulations to CG for winning last month's challenge!

Hope you enjoyed the I-Team's gallery of cards for this month's Dr. Seuss-inspired word challenge. And, we're especially thrilled to welcome Carol and Darnell as our June Guest I-Teamers. Thanks so much, ladies, for joining us this month!

Now to my card, which was inspired by both the Dr. Seuss book and MasterCard's "Priceless" advertisements.

Pink Paislee dp; Distress Ink core scattered straw; stash gray cardstock
computer-generated font (Andy) on Recollections white
banner hand-cut using SU banner dies and magnetic plate
Fiskars and Paper Studio star punches
Bostitch staples; Tombow foam adhesives


inside sentiment:
The Places You'll Go From Here ....
.......................................... Priceless
This is actually the second version of the card front. Banners were originally placed horizontally, but something didn't feel right. Then I had an AHA moment... the banners needed to run parallel with the lines of the design on the paper. By George, I think that did it!

After changing the front, I then revisited the interior of the card. The photo at the right shows the current interior. Trying to resist the urge to tweak even more. :)

Hope you join us for this month's challenge. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!



6 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable!!! I love the price list and how you finished the inside of the card (something I just never do).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great challenge for the month of June (what happened to May?!) and I love the spin on your card from those ads! Priceless indeed! Thanks for inviting me to be a part of your team for this challenge! It's been fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sybrina! Love this card with the price list. So clever and perfect to tie in with this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both versions are great! Love the staple elements - cute addition! Thank you for being my partner in crime at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By George, you did get it, Sybrina! I love the fun stapled banners at an angle with the pattern and the inside couldn't be any cuter!! Someone is going to treasure this card! Thank you, again, for asking me to guest for this challenge! My card is way more layered than normal for me, so it was fun to be adventurous!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for this challenge! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete