Thursday, January 22, 2015

Be My Valentine

Hi, everyone! I have a Valentine card to share. But before that....

A Funny Thing Happened...
 
... while working on today's to-do list. I was in the family room while hubby was on the phone in the dining room. I kept hearing "Customer Service Representative" from the other room -- followed by a groan after the third time. Realizing that he was experiencing one of those not-getting-anywhere-phone-prompt situations, I couldn't help but chuckle. Then the chuckle turned in to outright laughter when hubby came into the family room, looked at me as seriously as possible and said, "I hope there's a survey!" I laughed and laughed and laughed. You see, he gets pretty frustrated by these things... and it really can be pretty amusing.
 
However, that got me thinking about other life situations to which the line "I hope there's a survey" would apply. So many possibilities came to mind. And, then I realized that this statement might actually sum up the entire life experience. I couldn't help but see a vision of hubby standing before the pearly gates and saying, "I hope there's a survey."  :)
 
Today's Card

Had a wonderful time last night with our No-Stamp-Stamp Club -- meeting with our fabulous Stampin' Up! demonstrator Bernadette via computer. And, Bernadette gets all the credit for today's card. I was merely the tape-it-together gal. This one is CASE all the way!


All SU Products!
All SU Products!
Since this has a glittery non-OWH-friendly heart, it's going to be hubby's Valentine card. As this close-up shows, it has a cool accordion fold, for which the directions are given below.

So, I'm already thinking of ways this could be adapted to make birthday and Mother's Day cards for Operation Write Home. Balloons and flowers, anyone? Think I would need to eliminate a couple of folds to cut down on bulkiness and tape paper to the back side to add extra writing space for those notes home.



Instructions for Accordion Fold Heart Card

Thanks again, Bernadette! Think I'll link this up for the current Simon Says Stamp "have a heart" challenge.

Parting Thoughts

It's going to be a big weekend in Columbus -- the NHL All-Star Game is being held, with lots of fun family activities surrounding the event, and the Ohio State championship celebration is being held in the Shoe. Hope we have great weather for all our hockey visitors and loyal Buckeye supporters. Cold and sunny would be perfect for the snow slide on Nationwide Arena.  :)

I'll be back in a day or so with the W2SB winner. Thanks to everyone who joined in our January challenge.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


3 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of your story about your hubby. lol Too cute and like most of the men in our lives. lol Your valentine card for you hubby is just darling! I love the fold on it. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Sybrina!
    You're invited to come play along with us! Word Art Wednesday has weekly Anything Goes Challenges with GREAT prizes every week. We hope you will join us here:
    www.wordartwednesdsay.blogspot.com

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very fun! Love the glitter! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog for the Have A Heart Challenge!

    ReplyDelete