Well, the weatherman was right -- he had snow overnight and about every school was closed. There's nothing like the pure, unbridled joy of a snow day! (Unfortunately, it was a tough morning commute for those headed to work.) And, it was a good day to continue un-decorating, watching a good movie, and playing with paper in the menopause room. :)
Today's card is inspired by Mojo Monday #379. I'm really challenging myself to give these multi-layered sketches a try this year.
I'll also be linking the card to these following challenges:
- the current Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday challenge,
- the current Simon Says use-something new-and-old-New-Year Monday challenge, and
- the current Shopping Our Stash use-something-new-New-Year challenge.
I'm actually pretty pleased with the way this turned out. Think it should make for a great thinking-of-you card for Operation Write Home. And, I was pretty true to the sketch. Since I used four different patterns, I framed each layer with blackberry bliss. Finally, the layer with the sentiment is popped using foam squares.
For the record:
- the completely new item is the yummy pink ribbon, which was included in this month's sampler from Really Reasonable Ribbon and went perfectly with this dp,
- a new-to-me item is the sentiment stamp, which was a gift from a crafting friend -- and looked totally new/unused in spite of having a 1996 date, and
- the old item is the dp from a 6" by 6" pad of paper I've had from a card-making class I took years ago.
Jan. 1 - Jan. 21
It's supposed to be bitter cold here, so stay warm! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!