If you're like me, you loved the CAS-ness of this week's OWH sketch. And, Glenda's sample card was so sweet.
|OWH Sketch #246|
Not surprising, a funny thing happened to me while making this week's Any Hero card. I somehow managed to stray just a tad from the sketch. Hope you can still see the bones of the sketch in what I created,
- The sketch seemed perfect for a busy background pattern. However, the pattern seemed so busy, that I decided it needed to be grounded in a black background.
- Then, I decided to add a little black around the sentiment panels.
- Next, I played with the two round elements. After these were together, I decided to go with an off-center placement of the sentiment, with a top left location for the larger circle and a bottom right location for the smaller circle.
- Since I went with a sentiment for the featured square element, I opted for ribbons for the bottom element. The touch of blue ribbon is simply a scrap of ribbon tied over the black ribbon.
- Because this is an Any Hero card, I didn't have to worry about extra thickness, like the double knotted ribbons. In addition, the sentiment panel is popped, and the small circle is popped from the sentiment panel.
- I'm thinking of changing our the white star brad on the smaller circle with a red star brad. Think it would be a nice complement to the red in the larger circle -- and would make for a stronger focal point.
A quick reminder that the Words 2 Scrap By challenge is up and running through January 21.
Have a great rest of the weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!