Saturday, January 17, 2015

Righty-Tighty...

Hi, everyone!

I'm here tonight with a Dad card... even though I really need to be focusing on Mom cards for Operation Write Home's March 31 Mother's Day deadline. But, my new Stampin' Up! guy greetings stamp set arrived yesterday, and I just couldn't resist the temptation to ink up some of these stamps.  :)

Distress Ink core paper; Recollections black; watercolor paper
SU guy greetings and banner blast (for background stars) in StazOn jet black
various Distress Inks applied with SU daubers
American Crafts Zing clear embossing powder
SU stripe stencil, Tim Holtz CREATE 2014 stencil by Stampers Anonymous
SU brads; Recollections foam square adhesives
Recollections black; stash cream/ecru
SU guy greetings in Distress Ink black soot and vintage photo
 
Close-Up of Backgrounds
  • The backgrounds on the card's front were created using SU guy greeting and banner blast stamps in StazOn black on watercolor paper.
  • Then, Distress Inks were applied using SU daubers and several different stencils. (I used StazOn for this first stage because I wasn't sure if I any water when applying the Distress Inks. As it turned out, I didn't... but better safe than sorry.)
  • The sentiment on the card's front is stamped in DI black soot, and "FATHER" is heat embossed using American Crafts ZING clear powder.

Guess this one turned out okay. It received hubby's stamp of approval!

I'm going to link this up for:
Parting Thoughts

As much as I love this SU guy stamp set, I'm going to force myself to set it aside to work on my Mother's Day box of cards for OWH.

A quick reminder that our current social-media challenge at Words 2 Scrap By runs through Wednesday. Hope you'll join us!

It's going to be cold here tomorrow. Sounds like a great day to hang out in the menopause room while watching some NFL football.

Have a wonderful Sunday. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

4 comments:

  1. I can see why you wanted to ink us these stamps, they are fabulous! I love, love this masculine card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card and I love the background you made. The inside is as nice as the card front. Have a fun creating and watching football. Enjoy your upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful, inky work!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card Sybrina! The design is wonderful and I love your inked background.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete