I'm here tonight with a Dad card... even though I really need to be focusing on Mom cards for Operation Write Home's March 31 Mother's Day deadline. But, my new Stampin' Up! guy greetings stamp set arrived yesterday, and I just couldn't resist the temptation to ink up some of these stamps. :)
|Recollections black; stash cream/ecru|
SU guy greetings in Distress Ink black soot and vintage photo
|Close-Up of Backgrounds|
- The backgrounds on the card's front were created using SU guy greeting and banner blast stamps in StazOn black on watercolor paper.
- Then, Distress Inks were applied using SU daubers and several different stencils. (I used StazOn for this first stage because I wasn't sure if I any water when applying the Distress Inks. As it turned out, I didn't... but better safe than sorry.)
- The sentiment on the card's front is stamped in DI black soot, and "FATHER" is heat embossed using American Crafts ZING clear powder.
Guess this one turned out okay. It received hubby's stamp of approval!
I'm going to link this up for:
- Operation Write Home's current mid-month thank-you challenge,
- Simon Says Stamp's current Monday inky-background challenge, and
- Simon Says Stamp's current Wednesday guy-card challenge.
As much as I love this SU guy stamp set, I'm going to force myself to set it aside to work on my Mother's Day box of cards for OWH.
A quick reminder that our current social-media challenge at Words 2 Scrap By runs through Wednesday. Hope you'll join us!
It's going to be cold here tomorrow. Sounds like a great day to hang out in the menopause room while watching some NFL football.
Have a wonderful Sunday. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!