Friday, July 31, 2015

Backgrounds, Backgrounds, and More Backgrounds!

Hi, everyone!

Welcome to the very last post here at Cards by Sybrina. Tomorrow will find me blogging away at Chapter Three.

A couple of folks have asked why I'm changing up things. Well, this blog has been dedicated to card making, primarily card making for Operation Write Home. Now that I've retired, I've found that I'm expanding my interests. So, I'd like a blog that reflects more than card making.

That said, my very first post will be about a card. LOL! Hope to see you at Chapter Three tomorrow.  :)


Now for the backgrounds that I made for the Day 4 of the Background Online Card Classes.
  • I used a Paper Smooches die to create the template/stencil shown below.
  • Replacing the cutout strips gives a nice tone-on-tone effect. But, I'm not committing yet.  :)
  • Next, I inked up a Distress-Ink-rainbow background...
  • Placing the inked up paper behind the template/stencil is so... colorful! Thinking this might make for a great kiddie card.
  • I used Paper Smooches wave dies to try out one of Kristina's techniques. Thinking that I might need to angle some of the top cuts. And, I am going to play with the color of the next-to-the-top wave strip. (Something's not quite right, but can't put my finger on it.) Still waiting to adhere the wave layers -- waiting to see what Kristina has in mind to turn this into a card. May want to stay with just one layer of dimensionals.
  • Finally, I tried some tone-on-tone lettering. Depending on how this is used for a card, I may go with smaller letters and run the card horizontally. Still hedging my bets on this one, too.  :)


Parting Thoughts

Hoping to get caught up with Day 5 lessons tomorrow.

Our Words 2 Scrap By August Challenge goes live tomorrow... as does Chapter Three. Hope you have a chance to stop by.   :)

Have a great weekend and happy scrappin'!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun collection of cards Sybrina! Love the variety of colors and backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete