Monday, July 27, 2015

Online Card Class: Day 1, Card 2

Hi, everyone! The first day in the newest Online Card Class was so amazing, I just had to try my hand at another card.

For this card, I went with blending -- and water spatters. And, I have to say, I'm much happier with the way this card turned out!

my blended background of DI mustard seed and salty ocean
Canson watercolor' Stampin' Up! black
Distress Inks: mustard seed, salty ocean, and black soot
Winnie & Walter big bold happy cutaways and sentiment
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way glue pen

I chose to ink the bottom third in yellow so that the birthday sentiment would pop. The "happy" cutaway is 2-ply to give it a little stronger presence.

Think this will be my nephew's birthday card. I purposely went with blue and yellow -- avoiding pinks and purples.

Can't wait to see what Day 3 holds. And, would still like to go back and try one or two other Day One techniques! Thanks so much Jennifer, Laura, and Kristina on a rockin' Day One!
 
Parting Thoughts

Two quick reminders:
  • Words 2 Scrap By! challenge ends tomorrow. There's a $20 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp up for grabs. Hope you'll check it out!
  • As of August 1, I'll be blogging at Chapter Three. I'd love for you to visit me there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment