Monday, July 27, 2015

Online Card Class: Day 1, Card 1

Hi, everyone! This is the first day in the newest Online Card Class, and oh my gosh! Jennifer, Laura, and Kristina are just amazing!

For this first card, I tried Kristina's smoosh technique. I tried smooshing using acetate. Somehow, no matter how hard I tried, my results didn't look anything like Kristina's. But, I was bound determined to make my background work.

You'll have to let me know what you think...

my smooshing attempt

After smooshing, I added some spattering -- including some black spatters. Then, I mounted the background on some black cardstock and embellished.

Canson watercolor; Stampin' Up black; Distress Ink scattered straw
Distress Inks: pickled raspberry, peacock feathers, scattered straw, black soot
MFT stay tuned sentiment; Unity image
Creative Memories circle cutting system
SU brads; adhesives: Scotch ATG, Zig 2-way pen, Recollections foam squares
This card was based on OWH Sketch #259, the very last Operation Write Home Sketch. Think I'll link it up to the post even though I already sent in my last box of OWH cards.

So, what do you think about this background? This card? I'm a bit ambivalent about this card, but am super crazy about the card I'll share in my next post.  :)
 
Parting Thoughts

Two quick reminders:
  • Words 2 Scrap By! challenge ends tomorrow. There's a $20 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp up for grabs. Hope you'll check it out!
  • As of August 1, I'll be blogging at Chapter Three. I'd love for you to visit me there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment