Tuesday, July 7, 2015

missing YOU

Hi, everyone! Hope the week is going well.

Have you seen this week's Mojo Monday sketch? It's one of those that's a little more embellished than one of my typical cards. So, I challenged myself to make some missing you cards for my final #finishstrong OWH box.

Kaiser hippy girl; Distress Ink core paper
sentiment: Winnie & Walter big, bold, stamp sets; heat embossed in Distress Ink victorian velvet
Stampin' Up! petite petals punch and stamp set
punches: SU small flower and owl builder (for tiny circles)
Spellbinders nestabilities scallop die; Marvy circle punch
Sizzix embossing folder; stash sequin
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way glue pen; Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares

I love the oldie-but-goodie papers I used on these two cards. They are from a Kaiser 6" by 6" pad of paper that was used in one of the very first card-making classes I ever took. Sadly, Pizzazz It! is no more, but my memories -- and some papers -- still remain.  :)

Parting Thoughts

Words 2 Scrap By  Our July W2SB words are A Friend with Chocolate. The DT came up with some fabulous cards. Hope you will stop by to check out this month's challenge and then come back to link up a card or project.  There's a $20 Simon Says Stamp gift certificate that will be awarded to one talented crafter!

Cards in Envy   Since yesterday was the first Monday of the month, a new CIE challenge went live. The challenge for the next couple of weeks is to make an A2 card with a summer scene featuring the beach, ocean, or sea. Cards should be flat enough to be sent via USPS without any additional postage.

OWH   Hoping to get back to my OWH box later today. So many cards to make, so little time before the August 1 deadline... Maybe I'll use the Mojo Monday sketch to make a few more missing you cards.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great card. Love that textured embossing. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great missing you card card Sybrina! I love the papers you used and I love the fun texture you got with your embossing. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete