Thursday, July 30, 2015

Still Inking Away

Hello, everyone!

Today was hubby's birthday! And, we had a wonderful day -- lunching with the dads, going out for ice cream this evening.  :)

So, I haven't had a chance to check out any of the Day 4 Online Card Class videos. But, I did have a chance to ink up another background. Then, I made cards with a couple of OCC backgrounds, including the background from day.

Card 1: Sparkle!

The card below was my only successful smooshing. The tenth times the charm, right?! But, boy oh boy, it was worth it because it really does sparkle. Since the panel was smaller than the ones made by Kristina, I matted it like an abstract painting, added a simple sentiment, and called it a day.  :)


Canson watercolor; Bazzil black
Distress Inks: mustard seed; peacock feathers, fired brick (or pickled raspberry)
Stampin' Up! good greetings sentiment, heat embossed in DI black soot
SU brads; adhesives: Scotch ATG; Recollections foam squares
My Favorite Things shimmer mist
 
Card 2: happy...


This card features the background I made today. To finish it off, I used Jennifer's inlaid strips technique -- resisting any of the shortcuts.  I initially forgot to heat emboss "birthday to you" and the sentiment really did seem to get lost. When I saw the difference the heat embossing made, I went with a two-ply "thanks" and applied some Glossy Accents for a little extra oomph.  :)

Canson watercolor; Bazzil black; Cardstock Warehouse white
Distress Inks: fired brick and mustard seed
Winnie & Walter cutaway, enhanced with Glossy Accents
Winnie & Walter sentiment, heat embossed in DI black soot
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Ranger multi medium

Parting Thoughts

A new Words 2 Scrap By challenge goes live on Saturday. Hope you all will check it out.

Did you hear there's an online OWH party on Saturday? It's scheduled for 12:30 Pacific Time.

Finally, tomorrow's post will be my last one at this blog. You can find me at Chapter Three starting on August 1.

Think that's it. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sybrina - I'm really enjoying your journey thorough OLCC. I too am taking the class but haven't been doing the course work as we are prepping to move and I'm trying to work ahead on my other DT commitments but just wanted to appreciate your fine work. I particularly like the happy sentiment with glossy accents. Looks like you have a nice craft room too :)

    ReplyDelete