Monday, February 16, 2015

Circles, Circles, and More Circles... Oh, My!

Hi, everyone. Boy, talk about a winter that just won't give up! Hope you are safe, sound, and warm.

Before I share today's card, I'd like to welcome Polka Dot Rosie to the blog. She is a wonderful crafter and is our Guest I-Teamer at Words 2 Scrap By this month. Welcome, Rosie! I'm so glad to have gotten to know you.  :) 

At least we have a really interesting OWH sketch to keep our creative juices flowing. Coni provided the wonderful card that inspired this week's sketch. As much as I like our sketch, I have to confess that it was a little intimidating for me.

OWH Sketch #248
Bo Bunny liberty; Bazzil admiral; Crate Paper rose garden; Distress Ink antique linen
TPC Studio sentiment in DI walnut stain; inking in DI vintage photo
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Paper Studio star punch, Marvy circle punch; ??? corner rounder (for tiny star)
Creative Memories circle cutting system
Recollections foam adhesives

To CAS-ify the sketch a little, I only used two patterns and went with a solid color, embossed background layer. After deciding on the major elements, I added the sentiment and taped down these key elements. Then I played with various circles and stars until I came up with a design that felt just right -- telling myself it was okay to not use all the sketch's circles.  :)

Since this is an Any Hero card, I was able to make it thicker than typical OWH cards. So, the sentiment and lower left blue circle are popped using double layers of foam adhesives.

I like the final look of this patriotic card. The colors and shapes seem to have a nice balance to them. I hope it will convey our appreciation to one of more troops for his/her/their service.

Parting Thoughts

February Challenge
Feb. 1 - Feb. 21
Our Words 2 Scrap By February challenge is up-and-running. Our thanks to our OWH friends who have already played along with this month's do-something-different challenge. And, as they say, the more the merrier.  :)

Stay warm and be safe.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card...love your paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sybrina, This is a great card for this challenge. You always make the best Any Hero cards. I love the different types of patriotic papers you went with on this one. Yes, this has been one crazy winter at least here in the Northeast. Still getting snow today. Stay warm my friend.

    ReplyDelete