Monday, February 2, 2015

Jar of Hearts

Hi, everyone! Two posts in one night! AMAZING!!!

This second card was inspired by the current Mojo Monday sketch and a desire to make a love card that a hero could send home to his or her mom. This Paper Smooches canning jar image seemed perfect for both.  :)

Bo Bunny 12" x 12" back-to-back crazy love; Crate Paper rose garden (neutral)
Paper Smooches crystal clear image in Distress Ink walnut stain
("Ball" heat embossed with versamark in American Crafts Zing clear embossing powder
computer-generated sentiment
Paper Shaper and Marvy circle punches
Stampin' Up! owl builder (for tiny heart), small heart punches, and bitty banner punches
Fiskars border punch; SU cherry cobbler baker's twine
adhesives: Scotch ATG, micro Glue Dots, Recollections foam square
 
Hubby gave his approval, which surprised me because it is fussier and busier than my typical card. I am really thrilled with the Ball Jar itself.

And, since this is an OWH card, I added a little something to the inside.

Think I need to make a few more of these for OWH. I'm going to keep the basic layout, but need to replace the papers. Seems like these  have been in my stash for so long that I don't have many of them. Just happy to have found a good use for my 12" by 12" stash.




 In addition to Mojo Monday, I'm going to link this up to the following challenges:
Parting Thoughts

Hope to carve out some crafting time tomorrow afternoon.

February Challenge
Feb. 1 - Feb. 21
We have a new challenge going on at Words 2 Scrap By. This month's challenge to do something different draws its inspiration from a few lines from the Bill Murray Groundhog Day movie. Hope you will be able to play along.

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card. The jar image is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - what a cute card - love it.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hearts in the jar for this card, Sybrina! Very cute! Thanks again for joining us for our Cards in Envy challenges!

    ~Sandy My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really pretty jar of loving for any mom! I love the hearts in the jar and the twine around the lid! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet little jar of hearts card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty jar of hearts for your Mom! I know she will love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy! I hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your jar of hearts!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete