It's good to be back on line. Caught some kind of bug that had me down for a couple of days. But, I'm happy to report that I'm getting twitchy about spending so much time on the couch. Guess that means I'm getting back to my old self! Even made it out to a store today! :)
I'm still busy making dad cards for Operation Write Home. As you can imagine, lots of our deployed heroes want to send cards to dad around Father's Day.
When I think of the men in my life -- hubby, dad, and dad-in-law -- I see conservative, stoic, no-nonsense guys. I kind of think many of our troops' dads are the same kind of guys. So, I'm going with lots of Earth tones and no-frill designs for these "macho" men. But, I'm making some special backgrounds and using some gorgeous ribbons! For this background, I:
- did some second-generation stamping of a tool image,
- stamped a star image between tool images,
- lightly stenciled a dot pattern (in Distress Ink walnut stain) in open, non-stamped images, and
- applied (DI vintage photo) ink around the card and along the distressed edges.
I'm going to be linking this card up to:
- the current Male Room challenge to create your own background paper,
- the current monthly Work-it-Wednesday challenge on the Simon Says Stamp blog,
- the current Anything Goes! challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog, and
- the current Anything Goes challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge blog.
A new OWH Sketch Challenge goes live tomorrow. And, the March Words 2 Scrap By challenge posts on Sunday. Hope you will be able to play along.
Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!